Thursday, August 9, 2007

Revised David Cassidy Poem

David Cassidy-My First Love

The first time I saw David Cassidy I knew what it was to love.

I was sleeping and right in the middle of a good dream

I still dream of him

Like all at once I wake up from something that keeps knocking at my brain

37 years later

Before I go insane I hold my pillow to my
head

And 20 years of a happy marriage

And spring up in my bed screaming out the words I dread
I think I love you

3. He had light brown hair,

This morning I woke up with this feeling

cut in a shag, down to his shoulders,

I didn't know how to deal with and so I just decided to myself

with bangs to his hazel eyes,

I'd hide it to myself and never talk about it

An irresistible smile

And did not go and shout it when you walked into the room
I think I love you

His eyes, piercing through the TV directly at me, electrified my 10 year old soul.

I don't know what I'm up against

11 Years between us

I don't know what it's all about

I’ll be true to you.

I got so much to think about

He stood on the stage, singing the lyrics to me.

I think I love you so what am I so afraid of

That I will never get over you

I'm afraid that I'm not sure of a love there is no cure for

And that we will drift apart

I think I love you isn't that what life is made of

While I am growing up

Though it worries me to say that I never felt this way

I wrote him letters, fervently begging him to wait for me.

Believe me you really don't have to worry

After the concert in London

I only wanna make you happy and if you say "hey go away" I will

You did leave

But I think better still I'd better stay around and love you

I’ve stayed, Dave

Do you think I have a case let me ask you to your face

I am still here

Do you think you love me?

And I still love you—true.

No comments: