Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Chicken Sunday

IS THE COMMUNITY IN “CHICKEN SUNDAY” A COMMUNITY YOU WOULD WANT TO LIVE IN?

I think I would like to live there with people of different ethnicities and religions coexisting in such a neighborly and friendly way. I like how the shops are in walking distance of the neighborhoods, and how the children can roam about the area without supervision. I also like how Mr. Kadinski and Miss Eulah ensure the children know right from wrong. The village raises the children.

While Mr. Kadinski cannot give the children a job, he empowers them by allowing them to sell their Easter eggs in his shop. That also shows a certain tolerance towards other religions, since he is Jewish and Easter is a Christian tradition

I would like Miss Eulah to be my neighbor because I love fried chicken and chicken gravy. It is one of the best meals in the world. I would bring applestudel to her house on Sundays and we would have a fine time.

No comments: