Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Response to Gillesepie

He is right. I had forgotten how difficult it really is to write well and how much time it takes. Yes, we as teachers all ought to be able to write effectively, but we teachers of writing ought to be very good at it. Tis makes me think of Frank McCourt, English teacher for 30 years before he wrote his first novel Angela's Ashes. And he did it because his students challenged him to: "Well if you think it is so easy, you do it." And he did. So I wonder if there is a novel in me just dying to break out of me!

1 comment:

Kinderbeanie :) said...

Break on through with that novel. I would love to read your writing!

We have experienced what we challenge our learners to do every day. It's amazing when the expectations are switched and placed upon us, huh! Another learning experience!

Keep up your excellent work! I appreciate your writing and YOU!

Joyce :)