Monday, July 30, 2007

Response to What do you do with a tail like that?

What is your gift and how do you use it?

I believe my gift is to be empathetic. I am extraordinarily sensitive to the needs of other people and I sometimes wish I weren’t. If someone I know is hurting, I will move heaven and earth to lessen their pain. Sometimes that is easily done with a banana cream pie. Who can be very sad while eating luscious mouthfuls of custard and bananas? Other times I will do converse with them in a humorous and animated tone until they have at least temporarily forgotten their pain or sadness. Other times it is simply a matter of taking time for that person. In the rush of our daily lives, we often leave many lonely people in our wake. I have found that giving someone my precious time is the greatest gift of all.

No comments: