Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Responses to Chapter 7 and 8 in Inside Out

Chapter 7: This chapter is about teaching students to repsond to different types of audiences and offers good suggestions onhow to do so.I especialy liked the one on how to anticipate an audience's response.

Chapter 8: This chapter addresses the question of how teachers should respond to students' papers. Iliked the suggestions on teaching students how to repsond to papers via responding to the teacher's writing. I also liked the suggestions on what types of comments teachers should make. I am afraid that I have been guilty of using rather ho-hum comments in the past, but I will try to do better now.

1 comment:

Janelle said...

How could you connect the readings more to your own teaching? Did the reading raise any questions? These may encourage more thoughtful discussion.