Monday, July 30, 2007

Stellaluna

Writing Response to Stella Luna

How will I be different this year as a result of attending the Bluebonnet Writing Project?

I feel energized and confident to use more technology. I definitely intend to set up blogs in which I want the students to respond to assigned readings, and then I will ask them to respond to at least one of the responses. Whether I can get every student to sign up for their own blog, I don’t know yet because I am sure there are some privacy rules to consider. I will definitely keep a blog for each class in which I share and update information.

I also liked many of the strategies we used in class, particularly the ones we worked on for our critical incident. Those are excellent strategies to carry over to TAKS writing—for example, exploding a sentence. That is very powerful.

I will ask the district coordinator whether we could set up district wide language arts blogs per grade level. It would be so nice to share stuff with each other, and build upon each other’s ideas.

I also feel more confident using powerpoint although, in general, I think a teacher can powerpoint a class to death. I will probably use my life map on opening day.

No comments: